Monday, August 23, 2010

The Bittersweet

I hate bittersweet things.  The bitter always seems to outnumber the sweet.

A friend I grew up with (the adolescent days/high school) recently passed away.

You see the trials and tribulations one has to go through and you wonder what God has in store for us all.  It's bittersweet.  You realize your miniscule problems really don't matter that much when other people go through far worse.  It's bittersweet.  You go through life taking the small things for granted and you don't realize how much someone's loss can effect you.  It's bittersweet.  When a peer dies way before his/her time, it makes you think about what you're doing with your life... where am I going?  What am I doing?  What does God have in store for me?  And that thought, well, it's bittersweet.

Jeff, I know we weren't very close and I know that there are MANY (so many) people that are hurting far more than me, but you are truly missed ... I know you know that.  You're in a MILLION-times better place and you are and will continue to be loved by so, so many.

PHS Homecoming '03 - Ford, Alyse, Me, Jeff - The Reverse Date picture :)

3 comments:

  1. That picture brings back fun memories. Thanks for posting it. Alyse is really hurting but looking forward to seeing ya'll really soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely thoughts Caiti. I appreciated you for being one of Jeff's friends.

    ReplyDelete