Tuesday, December 22, 2009

One month 'til my birthday... SUIT!

Just kidding... I will not be wearing my birthday suit out on my birthday (or anywhere else for that matter)! Hoping this puts all of your minds and stomachs at ease, however, it really is a month until my birthday! Woot!

Mini-update sesh: As opposed to my last blog, I have ordered my SLR digital camera! I'm excited to get it, I know my mom is also excited for it to be here, so I'll stop asking her if they've shipped it yet (she's the one who will get the confirmation email stating it has been shipped). I also crossed my fingers hard enough that Muse (my favorite band) is coming to Dallas on St. Patty's Day next year... AND my friend Alex and I have bought FLOOR seats to the show. I'm beyond excited, there is no word to describe how excited I am for the concert. And that's about it as of right now.

Quick vent: I don't use the word hate often, but I absolutely hate people that suck-up to get ahead. It's infuriating! I could go on for days, but I'll just leave it at that.

Entertainment weekly came out with their "100 Greatest Movies, TV Shows, Songs, Moments & More"... a kind of best of the decade thing. Some of them were comedic and I had to share:

1. "iPod: Yes, children, there really was a time when we roamed the earth without thousands of our favorite jams tucked comfortably into our hip pockets. Weird."

2. "Beyonce's 'Single Ladies' Video: Sorry Taylor, Kanye was right... [the] fierce female anthem really is 'one of the best videos of all time'." Caiti's 2-cents: GREAT video, one day I aspire to learn the dance from this video, however, Kanye is still stupid!

3. "Facebook: How on earth did we stalk our exes, remember our co-workers' birthdays, [and] bug our friends...?" Hi, my name is Caiti, and I'm a Facebook addict.

4. "Team Edward vs. Team Jacob: Torn between a buff BFF and a broody bad boy with incredible hair? Bella, we fell your pain... [the] love triangle had all of America choosing sides." Let it be known, I am fully TEAM EDWARD and fully TEAM JACOB'S BODY!

5. "Tina Fey as Sarah Palin" I don't even need to share the caption for this one. It's great just remembering and if you never saw it, or can't remember, it is worth looking it up!

6. "Wicked" Voted: Best Stage Musical. I can attest that it was amazing! I got to see it when I was in NYC. It was awesome, it's coming to Dallas next year, I'm hoping to get tickets!

7. "Friends [episode] 'The One That Could Have Been': Joey as a famous soap star? Phoebe as a chain-smoking Wall Street exec? The alternate reality in this season 6 show left us no alternative but to laugh out loud. Plus: Fat Monica gets a spot on all our best-of lists." One of my favorite shows! I'm still sad it's over, but yes, this episode was great.

8. "SexyBack, Justin Timberlake: We didn't even know sexy was missing until 2006. We're just happy Justin brought it back safe and sound." And that he did! Love me some JT!

Anyways, these were just a few of my favorite's from EW's Top 100. It has been a decent 10 years; junior high, high school, college... for me, it has been the "Decade of Learning & Growing Up". What would you title this last decade for you? Something to ponder.

Well, if I don't update before the new year, I wish everyone a Happy Christmas and New Year! *Crosses fingers for a snowy/white Christmas / not holding breath*

1 comment:

  1. i love the layout! that cupcake is just too cute! :)

    ReplyDelete